Joining the Ohio Chapter--AAOP
The Ohio Chapter's membership is limited to the two types of membership as follows:
Eligibility and Types of Membership
Active Member (Also called “Member”): Individuals eligible to hold Active Member
status in the Chapter include and are limited to those:
1) who are orthotic-prosthetic practitioners certified by The American Board for
Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics; and are members in good standing
in the American Academy for Orthotists and Prosthetists
a) and who practice orthotics and/or prosthetics within the geographical
boundaries of this Chapter.
b) or who practice orthotics and/or prosthetics within a neighboring state
not having its own Chapter (which also includes Michigan, Kentucky and
West Virginia practitioners), or;
2) who hold current license to practice orthotics, prosthetics or pedorthics in the
state of Ohio and are Affiliate Members of the American Academy for
Orthotists and Prosthetists.
Active Members are eligible to vote in all Chapter elections and hold office in the
Associate Member: Individuals eligible for Associate Member status in the Chapter
include and are limited to those:
1) who hold current “Registered Associate” or “Technician” certification from The
American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics, or;
2) who hold current BOC Orthotic Fitter/Mastectomy Fitter Certification from
the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification.
3) Any certified or licensed individual who wishes to receive Associate Member
discounts for Chapter meetings and other member benefits. Associate
Members can neither vote nor hold office in the Chapter
MEMBERSHIP YEAR: The membership year is 12 months in length and is
established by the Board of Directors. (The membership year currently established
by the board is December 1st to November 31st.).